May 14, 2010

Dr. Bradke!!

Well I'm finally starting to recover enough from the past few months of preparing for my thesis defense to sit down and blog again. After turning in my written thesis 2 weeks ago, I had to "defend" it on Tuesday morning. Basically I gave an hour long presentation and then met with my committee members for another hour discussing it. Then they sent me out of the room, talked it over, called me back in and my advisor told me, "your committee has agreed to accept your thesis, congratulations Dr. Bradke!!" and they all shook my hand. I'll never forget that moment. I'll have to post more later on how I feel about it all because it's still sinking in. I'm back home in new jersey now getting settled in. Callie cat moved down with me this time, so it really feels official that this is our new home now. She's settling in so well, I'm so proud of her. I have a lot to keep me busy until Brian gets home..which unfortunately keeps getting delayed and is now up to almost a week due to that stupid volcano. He is VERY ready to be home. Baby is doing well, I'm at 34 weeks now..can't believe we're getting so close to meeting her. I've still been feeling great. I'm at a point now where I'm hungry all the time but my stomach is so squished I can't eat much..which is an interesting balance. She's still moving around a lot, which I always enjoy. Can't wait for Daddy to get home to enjoy it will me! I have more pics from the day of my defense, but, for now, here are some of my last day in the lab. I thought about cleaning it up a bit for the photos but decided to just keep it real!







Throwing out the last of my cell cultures!! Never thought that would happen. I still feel like this is only a temporary break and that I'll be back at it next week.


Feels sooo much better to be done that I even thought it would! More pics coming in the next few days. Thank you so much to everyone who has supported me over the past 6 years! I never would have been able to do this all on my own.

4 comments:

MCD said...

So are you a little sad to be done or totally over it? I'm so excited you are Dr. Bradke now :)I feel smarter just knowing you!

Tiffany Bradke said...

Nope.. not even the tiniest bit sad :) I've been totally over it for the past 2 years I think. It's kind of such a big relief that it hasn't really sunk in yet though.

Brittany said...

Loving all the updates! Its so nice to be a part of everything going on in your life. Maybe once Austin goes back to work I'll start working on our own blog. Finally... ;)

Jackie Baker said...

I know it might be late but congratulation on getting the degree, Tiffany! Well, I think more picture of what happened to your thesis defense is really needed. All you hardship and effort of writing your paper from its thesis abstracts to the conclusion really paid off once you were greeted by the committee.

Recent Posts